Wednesday 14 August 2013

DIY: Making norwegian cherry jam


Hello!

So here as I have promised you; the post about how I have made cherry jam.

In Norway we had a lot of cherries, I like them very much and I wanted to take it to the Netherlands.
But they rot very quickly.. So I thought I'm going to make cherry jam!!

The ingredients:

  • 1800 gram cherries
  • 800 gram sugar
  • little bit citron and apple juice
First I pitted the cherries (I made a little movie, it was difficult because you need 2 hands to pit them , but I needed 1 hand to make the movie ;) 

to pit the cherries (very handy!!)


After that I cut them to smaller pieces
and added the sugar (a lot..)
Then I cooked it for a few minutes and added the juices.
When it was cooking I put it in the glass and turned over the glass.

Unfortunately, the jam is a little bit too liquid..
I think I had to cook it longer or had to added more citron juice.
At home I would use jelly sugar, but I didn't have that at Norway..

But it's still delicious! ( a little bit less sugar is maybe better ;p )


Ready and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment